• Event Date & Cost
• Registration Details & Tips
• What's Included?
• What's NOT Included?
• What Can I Add?
• Waiting List
• Event Hours & Logistics
• On-Site Store
• Miscellaneous Information
• Code of Conduct
• Cancellation Policy
EVENT FEE: $350 per person
AVAILABLE SPOTS: 300 (every attendee must be 18 or older)
REGISTRATION OPENS: Wednesday, March 15 at 9AM (CST)
LOCATION: Oasis Hotel & Convention Center - 2546 N. Glenstone, Springfield, MO
Back to Top
• All registration will take place online at scrapbookgeneration.com
• Registration is TBD.
• Please create an account at scrapbookgeneration.com if you plan to sign up for the event. This will provide us with your contact information, and will save us from having to request it down the road.
• No phone, in-store, or email reservations will be accepted.
• Go to the We Create Event Registration item.
• Choose from two options - pay the deposit or pay the full registration fee.
• Add the item to your cart, then checkout and pay to reserve your spot.
• Credit cards, PayPal and Scrapbook Generation online gift certificates are accepted forms of payment.
• NOT ACCEPTED - money orders and physical gift cards from the Springfield store.
• NO SG REWARD CODES can be used to discount the cost of the registration fee. If you apply an SG Reward Code to your shopping cart, the registration fee will not be considered paid in full and the reward code will be forfeited.
IN THE EVENT OF A SELL-OUT, YOU CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO THE WAITING LIST:
1. once the We Create item shows "out of stock," the screen will say "enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock."
2. enter your email address in the box shown and click the "notify me" button.
• This event sells out fast - generally less than 5 minutes - so be prepared right when registration opens.
• Log into your account prior to registration to save a little bit of time in the checkout process.
• The "We Create Event Registration" item will be the first item visible on the home page of scrapbookgeneration.com. The item will go live at 9 am (CST). You may need to refresh the page to see the We Create item if you have the page open before that time.
• Have one person from your group purchase spots for everyone in one transaction. (IF YOUR GROUP REGISTERS IN TWO OR THREE PARTS AND ONE OR MORE PARTS DON'T GET IN, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!)
• If you purchase multiple spots, there is no need to list individual names in the comments. We don't want to slow down the checkout process for anyone, and will gather that information in the weeks following registration.
• Once registration starts, there will be no time for the SG staff to answer phone calls, emails, or private Facebook messages about the process.
• If you don't get in, make sure to add your name to the waiting list! Sometimes duplicate tickets are purchased, and we immediately start contacting people on this list.
• Everyone will have their own 8-foot table, with a comfy padded chair. (If you are staying at The Oasis, please do not bring the computer chair from your hotel room to the crop room.)
• The venue provides almost 20,000 square feet of cropping space, so aisles are large and provide plenty of room to move about.
• Seats will be assigned prior to arrival. Groups will be seated together.
• Four buffet meals...Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, and Sunday lunch. Please note that while certain allergies/dietary restrictions can be accommodated, we are unable to provide individual specialized meals, so plan accordingly.
ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY/WIFI
• Electricity will be available at all cropping tables.
• Free wifi is available throughout the hotel premises.
• Tote bag and acrylic tumbler with event name and logo.
• Scrapbook Generation layout kit.
• A plethora of “goodie bag” items from a host of manufacturers that will be sponsoring the crop event.
• There will be numerous door prizes from both SG and the leading industry manufacturers.
• Free demos all weekend long.
• Free mini projects.
• We will have photo areas set up so that you can capture all the photos you want.
• There will also be large welcome signs and SG signs that make additional great photo stops for you.
• There will be photographers circulating at different times during the event, taking a variety of photos.
• In addition to taking photos of the overall scene and what was going on in the crop room, classroom, and other areas, both photographers will take photo "booth" shots for interested individuals and groups.
• We will make the digital images available to you later, free, via a system like DropBox. Last event, we had over 500 professional images to share, plus some we took ourselves!
You are responsible for booking your own hotel room, if needed. Reserve a room at the Oasis Convention Center by calling 417-866-5253 and telling them you are with the Scrapbook Generation event. The group rate can only be accessed by phone reservations.
Other nearby options: there are two other hotels on the same side of the road (Glenstone Ave.) and directly to the north of the Oasis. They are Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn. There are seven other hotels on the opposite side of the road - DoubleTree Hilton, Fairfield Marriott, Drury Inn, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Econo Lodge, and Best Western. There is quite a range of prices, including double rooms as low as $70 among these hotels.
DRINKS AND SNACKS other than the following:
We will provide ice water at all times, iced tea will be served with meals, and we are allowed to provide you with a small amount of chocolate as a welcome gift. You will be responsible for any additional beverages and snacks.
Most hotels will provide a free breakfast, but it will depend on where you stay. (The Oasis has a complimentary breakfast for paid hotel guests only.)
We Create logo t-shirts, sweatshirts, and more (available shortly after registration).
Allison Davis will teach several paid classes. Classes will be announced and registration will open a few weeks before the event.
There will be several products (new tools, cardstock packs, etc.) available for purchase prior to We Create. These items can be purchased online, and will be delivered to you at the event.
In the event of a sell out, a waiting list will be started on a first come, first serve basis. To be added to the waiting list, add your email address to the "notify me" box.
• Entries will be electronically time stamped, and will be saved in the order they are received.
• If there is a cancellation, we will notify you via email and you will have 24 hours to respond before we move to the next name on the list.
• If you accept the spot, payment arrangements must be made within 48 hours.
• Check-in for We Create begins at noon on Friday.
CROP ROOM HOURS
• The crop room is open from noon - 1 am Friday; 8 am - 1 am Saturday, and 8 am - 6 pm Sunday. Convention center room will be locked each night, and crop supplies can be left at the tables overnight.
LOADING/UNLOADING CROP SUPPLIES
• Luggage carts and banquet carts will be available for use in the convention center area.
• We recommend the south parking lot near the back of the property. This has direct entry to the convention center lobby.
ROOM SET UP
• Based on your group or individual situation, we have made seating arrangements. We will help you find your seat after you check-on on Friday.
• A full schedule of activities will be at your seat.
• An individual trash bag will be attached to your crop spot. Larger trash cans will be placed around the room.
• Your crop table will be covered in plastic.
• Electricity will be available at each crop table. Sharing will be involved. If you think you will need it, please bring extension cords or power strips.
• Wifi information will be on your printed materials.
COVID 19 PROTOCOLS
Based on guidance from government and health officials, and in accordance with policies put in place by The Oasis Convention Center and Hotel, we have implemented a number of enhanced health and safety measures that will allow you to have a safe and comfortable cropping experience. ALL attendees and personnel will be required to follow safety precautions. These protocols will be continually updated to stay within updated guidelines, and could be completely different by the time of the event. Please be aware that refunds will not be provided if you decide not to attend based on changed safety protocols.
The last thing we want to do is spend our time monitoring and policing these rules, so we will greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation and willingness to follow them.
• SOCIAL DISTANCING: Crop tables are 8' long. Guests are asked to sit in the middle of their table to ensure social distancing guidelines are met.
• FACE MASKS: No local mask mandates are currently in place, so masks are not required.
• ENHANCED CLEANING MEASURES: The Oasis has designed a plan to enhance cleaning in all areas using hospital grade disinfectants and using guidelines set forth by the CDC and the AHLA (American Hotel Lodging Association).
• HAND WASHING & SANITIZATION: Hand sanitization stations will be available at a variety of locations throughout the event grounds.
Shop til you drop at our nearly 2,000 sq. ft. on-site store. Run a tab all weekend or pay as you go. Don't waste crop time...skip the line and leave your items in a basket - we will bring them to you after we ring them up! We’ve got you covered with display after display of the latest and greatest collections, exclusive SG page kits, stickers, adhesives, storage, inks, embellishments, dies, stamps...we literally bring an entire scrapbook store directly to you!
— Friday noon - 12 a.m.
— Saturday 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.
— Sunday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
RUN A TAB
Prior to the event, we ask that you provide a credit/debit card to hold the sale on (nothing is charged at this time). When you are ready to checkout, you can pay your tab on the card you provided or you can pay cash. No checks accepted.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME...SKIP THE LINE
Each attendee will be given a "personal shopping bag" to use. After you shop, place your bag on the top of your basket and place it on the designated shelves by the registers. As quickly as possible, we will scan your items and deliver them to your crop spot.
SHOP AND SHIP
If you are flying home from the event, we will be happy to ship purchases over $100 free of charge* for you to USA destinations. International shipping will be figured on an individual basis. Please note that we will only ship purchases made at Scrapbook Generation - we will not ship other supplies, tools, clothing, food, or souvenir We Create tumblers. We will go through your box with you prior to leaving the event to verify these items aren't included.
*If your shipping charges are more than $20, you will be responsible for paying the difference.
WHY ONLY 300 PEOPLE SINCE THE EVENT SELLS OUT SO QUICKLY?
There is no doubt we could fit more people into the venue - it is almost 20,000 square feet, after all - but that's just not our style! When we say luxury crop event, we mean it. We want you to have the most table space, plenty of room to maneuver between aisles, and an on-site store that rivals the size of a lot of brick and mortar stores.
• All those attending must be at least 18 years old. If a spot is purchased for anyone under 18 years old, any fees paid will be forfeited without refund.
PARTIAL CROP PRICING
• There are no options to pay for only one or two days of the crop. The full event price is required even if you can only attend for a partial amount of the crop time.
• There are no options to share a table with a non-paying event member.
OASIS POOL USE
• Those attending We Create but not staying at the Oasis have permission to use both the indoor and outdoor saltwater pools.
• On the day of registration, your event purchase will include a downloadable file. This file will be contain a checklist of steps you will need to complete - i.e. providing the name of attendees if you purchased more than one spot, seating requests, food allergies. It will also contain a link to the We Create Facebook group. This group will allow us to discuss We Create matters without overwhelming the regular Scrap Squad group.
CROP ROOM SECURITY
• The crop room will be locked from 1 am through 8 am each night/day. Your supplies and belongings can be left in the room overnight. Scrapbook Generation is not responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, or damaged during the event.
TEMPERATURES & ROOM COMFORT
• The crop rooms will be maintained by the Oasis staff at the standard temperatures they use for an event such as We Create. Because that may not be the perfect temperature for everyone, we strongly encourage you to dress in layers, and to bring a jacket.
SHOPPING AT THE SPRINGFIELD STORE
• If you would like to visit the Springfield store, we will maintain regular store hours during We Create. Weekday hours are 10 am - 6 pm. Saturday hours are 10 am - 5 pm. The Springfield store is closed on Sundays.
• You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the event if you are staying at a hotel other than the Oasis.
• No direct sales allowed at We Create. This is focused primarily on scrapbooking and stamping products and kits, but also includes any other products. There should be no distribution of business cards or catalogs, no solicitation of future sales, and no sales during the event.
The $100 deposit is non-refundable. If paid in full at registration, $100 of that payment is considered a deposit and is non-refundable.
ALL REFUNDS will be issued as store credit to scrapbookgeneration.com or to the Springfield store. There will be no cash/credit card/gift certificate refunds.
If for you are unable to attend, the following refund schedule will be followed:
• cancel by June 1, 2023, you will receive a $250 refund;
• cancel by July 1, 2023, you will receive a $150 refund;
• cancel by August 1, 2023, you will receive a $100 refund;
• no refunds will be issued after August 1.