Learning to stitch these beautiful pieces is easier than you might think. Here are the basics...
- Use Spellbinders yellow craft tape to keep the die pieces together when cutting (with a die-cut machine like a Sizzix Big Shot, etc.).
- Use DMC cotton embroidery floss or DMC diamant metallic floss.
- Secure the floss on the back with a tiny piece of Scotch tape.
- Use a size 22 tapestry needle.
- Keep the center hole of the design "clear."
- Use Bearly Art liquid glue with a fine metal tip to adhere the stitched piece to the backing piece.
- Use Spellbinders tweezers to attach small jewels (we recommend Spellbinders, Pinkfresh Studio, Honeybee, and Gina K Designs brands).
Here are links to the products mentioned/recommended:
- SPELLBINDERS STITCHING DIES
- SPELLBINDERS YELLOW CRAFT TAPE
- DMC DIAMANT METALLIC FLOSS
- SCOTCH TAPE
- TAPESTRY NEEDLE SET
- BEARLY ART LIQUID GLUE
- SPELLBINDERS GEMS
- PINKFRESH STUDIO GLITTER DROPS
- HONEY BEE GEMS
- PINK & MAIN JEWELS
Check out this video from Spellbinders for detailed tips about their stitchable dies!