Learning to stitch these beautiful pieces is easier than you might think. Here are the basics...
- Use Spellbinders yellow craft tape to keep the die pieces together when cutting (with a die-cut machine like a Sizzix Big Shot, etc.).
- Use DMC cotton embroidery floss or DMC diamant metallic floss.
- Secure the floss on the back with a tiny piece of Scotch tape.
- Use a size 22 tapestry needle.
- Keep the center hole of the design "clear."
- Use Bearly Art liquid glue with a fine metal tip to adhere the stitched piece to the backing piece.
- Use Spellbinders tweezers to attach small jewels (we recommend Spellbinders, Pinkfresh Studio, Honeybee, and Gina K Designs brands).
Here are links to the products mentioned/recommended:
- SPELLBINDERS STITCHING DIES
- SPELLBINDERS YELLOW CRAFT TAPE
- DMC DIAMANT METALLIC FLOSS
- SCOTCH TAPE
- TAPESTRY NEEDLE SET
- BEARLY ART LIQUID GLUE
- SPELLBINDERS GEMS
- PINKFRESH STUDIO GLITTER DROPS
- HONEY BEE GEMS
- PINK & MAIN JEWELS
FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME...
the 12 Days of Stitchmas advent calendar! Spellbinders has released 12 individual YouTube videos so that you can stitch along with their crafting team. They also released images showing the finished products...as you can see, the finished pieces are gorgeous, and there is such a nice variety of shapes. Once again, we think these would look just as festive on layouts as they do on the card sample!
We have exactly 19 of these sets left, and once they are gone, they are gone.
Check out this video from Spellbinders for detailed tips about their stitchable dies!