About We Create...
WE CREATE IS...
a luxury crop event hosted by Scrapbook Generation at the Oasis Hotel & Convention Center in Springfield, MO.
Relax and crop at your own 8-foot table, with a padded chair and electricity available right at your spot. At your table, you'll find your custom We Create tumbler, layout kit, and tote bag full of scrapbooking products from our generous sponsors...along with a few surprise gifts from us. Enjoy chef prepared meals, on-site shopping, classes, demos, massages, door prizes, and so much more.
Join scrapbookers, cardmakers, and papercrafters from over 30 states and three different countries for this one-of-a-kind, luxury crop experience - where the details all make the difference.
• Event Date & Cost
• Registration Details & Tips
• What's Included?
• What's NOT Included?
• What Can I Add?
• Waiting List
• Event Hours & Logistics
• On-Site Store
• Miscellaneous Information
• Code of Conduct
• Cancellation Policy
EVENT FEE: $300 per person
AVAILABLE SPOTS: 300 (every attendee must be 18 or older)
REGISTRATION OPENS: January 15, 2020
LOCATION: Oasis Hotel & Convention Center - 2546 N. Glenstone, Springfield, MO
Back to Top
• All registration will take place online at scrapbookgeneration.com
• Registration will open January 15, 2020 at 9 a.m. (CST).
• Please create an account at scrapbookgeneration.com if you plan to sign up for the event. This will provide us with your contact information, and will save us from having to request it down the road.
• No phone, in-store, or email reservations will be accepted.
• Go to the 2020 We Create Event Registration item.
• Choose from two options - pay the deposit or pay the full registration fee.
• Add the item to your cart, then checkout and pay to reserve your spot.
• Credit cards, PayPal and Scrapbook Generation online gift certificates are accepted forms of payment.
• NOT ACCEPTED - money orders and physical gift cards from the Springfield store.
• NO SG REWARD CODES can be used to discount the cost of the registration fee. If you apply an SG Reward Code to your shopping cart, the registration fee will not be considered paid in full and the reward code will be forfeited.
2020 WE CREATE SECOND CHANCE LOTTERY:
To be entered in the lottery:
1. you must be on the waiting list by midnight CST of January 15, and
2. you must have/create an account at scrapbookgeneration.com. (if you haven't created an account, your name won't be added to the waiting list)
To get your name on the waiting list:
1. once the We Create item shows "out of stock," the screen will say "enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock."
2. enter your email address in the box shown; 3) click the "notify me" button.
At noon on January 16, we will randomly draw 10 winners from the waiting/lottery list. Shortly after, these 10 people will receive an email with a link to the letter registration item. The subject line will be "2020 We Create Lucky Lady."
If you are one of the 10 winners, you will have until midnight on January 16 to purchase a maximum of two spots. You can either pay in full or pay the $100 deposit. THIS OFFER WILL EXPIRE AT MIDNIGHT ON JANUARY 16.
If any of the 20 lottery registration spots remain available after the first round of winner emails, we will repeat the process daily until all spots are filled.
• The 2018 event sold out in 12 minutes, and the 2019 event sold out in three - so be prepared right when registration opens.
• Log into your account prior to registration to save a little bit of time in the checkout process.
• The 2020 We Create Event Registration item will be the first item visible on the home page of scrapbookgeneration.com. The item will go live at 9 am (CST). You may need to refresh the page to see the We Create item if you have the page open before that time.
• Have one person from your group purchase spots for everyone in one transaction. (IF YOUR GROUP REGISTERS IN TWO OR THREE PARTS AND ONE OR MORE PARTS DON'T GET IN, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!)
• If you purchase multiple spots, there is no need to list individual names in the comments. We don't want to slow down the checkout process for anyone, and will gather that information in the weeks following registration.
• Once registration starts, there will be no time for the SG staff to answer phone calls, emails, or private Facebook messages about the process.
• If you don't get in, make sure to add your name to the waiting list, which will in turn add you to the Second Chance Lottery!
• Everyone will have their own 8-foot table, with a comfy padded chair.
• The venue provides almost 20,000 square feet of cropping space, so aisles are large and provide plenty of room to move about.
• Seats will be assigned prior to arrival. Groups will be seated together.
• Four buffet meals...Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, and Sunday lunch.
ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY/WIFI
• Electricity will be available at all cropping tables.
• Free wifi is available throughout the hotel premises.
• Tote bag and acrylic tumbler with event name and logo.
• Scrapbook Generation layout kit.
• A plethora of “goodie bag” items from a host of manufacturers that will be sponsoring the crop event.
• There will be numerous door prizes from both SG and the leading industry manufacturers.
• Free demos all weekend long.
• Free mini classes.
• We will have at least two photo areas set up so that you can capture all the photos you want. We'll provide fun signs and props.
• There will also be large welcome signs and SG signs that make additional great photo stops for you.
• There will be two professional photographers circulating at different times during the event, taking a variety of photos.
• In addition to taking photos of the overall scene and what was going on in the crop room, classroom, and other areas, both photographers will take photo "booth" shots for interested individuals and groups.
• We will make the digital images available to you later, free, via a system like DropBox. Last event, we had over 600 professional images to share, plus some we took ourselves!
• We'll take some of the best images from the professional photographers and put together a Saturday evening slide show of the event for you.
You are responsible for booking your own hotel room, if needed. Reserve a room at the Oasis Convention Center by calling 417-866-5253 and telling them you are with the Scrapbook Generation event. The group rate can only be accessed by phone reservations.
Other nearby options: there are two other hotels on the same side of the road (Glenstone Ave.) and directly to the north of the Oasis. They are Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn. There are seven other hotels on the opposite side of the road - DoubleTree Hilton, Fairfield Marriott, Drury Inn, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Econo Lodge, and Best Western. There is quite a range of prices, including double rooms as low as $70 among these hotels.
DRINKS AND SNACKS other than the following:
We will provide ice water at all times, iced tea will be served with meals, and we are allowed to provide you with a small amount of chocolate and as a welcome gift. You will be responsible for any additional beverages and snacks.
Most hotels will provide a free breakfast, but it will depend on where you stay. (The Oasis has a complimentary breakfast for paid hotel guests only.)
We Create logo t-shirts and sweatshirts (available shortly after registration).
Allison Davis will teach several paid classes. Classes will be announced and registration will open a couple of months before the event.
The following items (and possibly more) will be available for purchase prior to We Create. These items can be purchased online, and will be delivered to you at the event.
• event-themed diecuts
• ziplock bags
You will have the option to pay for a chair massage.
In the event of a sell out, a waiting list will be started on a first come, first serve basis. To be added to the waiting list, add your email address to the "notify me" box.
Back to Top
• Entries will be electronically time stamped, and will be saved in the order they are received.
• If there is a cancellation, we will notify you via email and you will have 24 hours to respond before we move to the next name on the list.
• If you accept the spot, payment arrangements must be made within 48 hours.
• Check-in for We Create begins at 11 am Friday.
CROP ROOM HOURS
• The crop room is open from 11 am - 1 am Friday; 8 am - 1 am Saturday, and 8 am - 6 pm Sunday. Convention center room will be locked each night, and crop supplies can be left at the tables overnight.
LOADING/UNLOADING CROP SUPPLIES
• Luggage carts and banquet carts will be available for use in the convention center area.
• We recommend the south parking lot near the back of the property. This has direct entry to the convention center lobby.
ROOM SET UP
• Registration tables will be set up in the lobby.
• At check in, you will receive your pre-orders (clothing and die-cuts) and the scrapbookgeneration.com orders you have specified for event pick up.
• You can register and pre-pay for massages at this time. You will sign up for a broad time, like Friday night, Saturday morning, etc. The therapists will text you when it is your turn.
• Based on your group or individual situation, we have made seating arrangements. We will help you find your seat after you check-on on Friday.
• A full schedule of activities will be at your seat.
• An individual trash bag will be attached to your crop spot. Larger trash cans will be placed around the room.
• Your crop table will be covered in plastic.
• Electricity will be available at each crop table. Sharing will be involved. If you think you will need it, please bring extension cords or power strips.
• Wifi information will be on your printed materials.
• If you enroll in Allison Davis classes, you will have a personal class schedule at your seat also.\
Shop til you drop at our nearly 2,000 sq. ft. on-site store. Run a tab all weekend or pay as you go. Wait in line, or leave your items in a basket and we will bring them to you after we ring them up. We’ve got you covered with display after display of the latest and greatest collections, exclusive SG page kits, stickers, adhesives, storage, inks, embellishments, dies, stamps...we literally bring an entire scrapbook store directly to you!
— Friday 1 p.m. - 12 a.m.
— Saturday 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.
— Sunday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
RUN A TAB
Provide a credit/debit card to hold the sale on (nothing is charged at this time). When you are ready to checkout, you can pay your tab on the card you provided or you can pay cash. No checks accepted.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME...SKIP THE LINE
If you prefer not to stand in line to make a purchase, you will be able to put your items in specially marked container and leave them at the check-out area. As quickly as possible, we will scan your items and deliver them to your crop spot.
SHOP AND SHIP
If you are flying home from the event, we will be happy to ship purchases over $100 free of charge for you to USA destinations. International shipping will be figured on an individual basis. Please note that we will only ship purchaes made at Scrapbook Generation - we will not ship other supplies and tools or clothing. We will go through your box with you prior to leaving the event.
WHY ONLY 300 PEOPLE SINCE THE EVENT SELLS OUT SO QUICKLY?
There is no doubt we could fit more people into the venue - it is almost 20,000 square feet, after all - but that's just not our style! When we say luxury crop event, we mean it. We want you to have the most table space, plenty of room to maneuver between aisles, and an on-site store that rivals the size of a lot of brick and mortar stores.
• All those attending must be at least 18 years old. If a spot is purchased for anyone under 18 years old, any fees paid will be forfeited without refund.
PARTIAL CROP PRICING
• There are no options to pay for only one or two days of the crop. The full event price is required even if you can only attend for a partial amount of the crop time.
• There are no options to share a table with a non-paying event member.
OASIS POOL USE
• Those attending We Create but not staying at the Oasis have permission to use both the indoor and outdoor saltwater pools.
• Sometime in February, a new Facebook group will be created for those who have registered. This will allow us to discuss We Create matters without overwhelming the regular Scrap Squad group.
CROP ROOM SECURITY
• The crop room will be locked from 1 am through 8 am each night/day. Your supplies and belongings can be left in the room overnight. Scrapbook Generation is not responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, or damaged during the event.
TEMPERATURES & ROOM COMFORT
• The crop rooms will be maintained by the Oasis staff at the standard temperatures they use for an event such as We Create. Because that may not be the perfect temperature for everyone, we strongly encourage you to dress in layers, and to bring a jacket.
SHOPPING AT THE SPRINGFIELD STORE
• If you would like to visit the Springfield store, we will maintain regular store hours during We Create. Weekday hours are 10 am - 6 pm. Saturday hours are 10 am - 5 pm. The Springfield store is closed on Sundays.
• You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the event if you are staying at a hotel other than the Oasis.
• No direct sales allowed at We Create. This is focused primarily on scrapbooking and stamping products and kits, but also includes any other products. There should be no distribution of business cards or catalogs, no solicitation of future sales, and no sales during the event.
The $100 deposit is non-refundable. If paid in full at registration, $100 of that payment is considered a deposit and is non-refundable.
ALL REFUNDS will be issued as store credit to scrapbookgeneration.com or to the Springfield store. There will be no cash/credit card/gift certificate refunds.
If for you are unable to attend, the following refund schedule will be followed:
• cancel by June 11, 2020, you will receive a $200 refund;
• cancel by July 11, 2019, you will receive a $150 refund;
• cancel by August 11, 2019, you will receive a $100 refund;
• no refunds will be issued after August 13.